Day 01: NJP Rly Station / Bagdogra Airport – Gangtok
Upon arrival at New Jalpaiguri Railway Station / Bagdogra Airport, our representative will meet you and transfer you to Gangtok (5,500 ft.) On reaching, check-in at the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 02: Gangtok Sightseeing
After breakfast, head for a full-day Gangtok sightseeing tour that incldes visit is to the Ridge Park & Flower Exhibition Center, an absolute treat to eyes with its spectacular display of a wide variety of flowers, especially orchids that are in full bloom during the spring season. Later, visit the Cottage Industry and Handicraft Centre, an ideal spot for souvenir shopping. Here you will see local artisans involved in wood carvings, paintings and weaving inspired from the traditional Sikkamese style.
Lunch at hotel. Next visit Dro-dul Chorten, a huge Budddhist religious stupa topped with a golden dome and one of the most important chortens (a Buddhist shrine) of Sikkim. Gangtok sightseeing ends with visit to the Enchey Monastery, located around 6 kms away from Gangtok. It is a 200-year old monastery blessed by Lama Druptob Karpo, a tantric master in Buddhism. Every year, this monastery hosts the popular masked dance called “Chham” in January.Rest of the day at leisure and overnight stay at hotel.
Day 03: Gangtok – Lachung
After breakfast, check-out at the hotel and proceed to Lachung. Enroute, soak in the mesmerizing vistas of the valleys and halt at Chungthang to view the confluence of rivers Lachen Chu & Lachung Chu. Also, visit the Bhimnala waterfalls that symbolizes huge size and strength. It is popularly called Amitabh falls due to its massive height.On reaching Lachung, you will check-in at the hotel followed by dinner & overnight stay.
Day 04: Lachung – Yumthang Valley Excursion
After breakfast, proceed to Yumthang Valley known as the Valley of Flowers. This valley is a spectacular paradise of rich flora and fauna amidst green meadows and abundant pine and silver fir trees. During the spring season, it displays rare wildflowers like primulas and rhododendrons. The Shingba Rhododendron Sanctuary located in this valley showcases more than 24 kinds of rhododendrons, you won’t find anywhere else in India. You will then return to the hotel for overnight stay.
Day 05: Lachung – Gangtok
After breakfast, you will head back to Gangtok (5,500 ft.) and enroute, you will take in the mesmerizing view of the Mt. Kanchenjunga from Singhik view point. On reaching Gangtok, you will check-in at the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure followed by overnight stay at hotel.
Day 06: Gangtok – New Jalpaiguri Rly Station / Bagdogra Airport
Post breakfast, check-out at the hotel and get transferred to NJP Railway Station/Bagdogra Airport for your onward destination.
REGARDING SIKKIM INNER LINE PERMIT
For entering Sikkim a normal Inner Line permit is required.
This permit can be obtained on any one of the following procedures:
• At the time of applying for the Indian Visa itself, the clients need to mention that they will visit Sikkim and accordingly a 15 days inner line permit is stamped on the visa.
• On arrival in Darjeeling we need to produce the original passport with valid Indian Visa at the District Magistrates office and a 15 days inner line permit can be granted. It takes half day.
• While entering Sikkim the permits can be issued on the spot at Rongpoo Check Post (while going to Gangtok) or Melli Check Post (while going to Pelling). It takes 20 minutes to 1 hour depending on group size. A serial numbered form at the check post needs to be filled and submitted along with photocopies of passport and Indian visa and 02 passport size snaps.
The following can be granted Inner Line permits to visit Sikkim ONLY by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi or the Indian High Commissions abroad.
• Foreigners travelling with Diplomat Passports/Official Passport like Red Cross etc.
• Citizens from Bangladesh, Republic of China, Peoples Republic of China, Pakistan, Myanmar, Taiwan, Nigeria.
RESTRICTED AREA PERMIT
• Required for clients travelling to North Sikkim Lachung.
• The attached form needs to be filled by the guest and scanned and sent along with scanned along with Sikkim Inner-line permit.
• For the restricted area permit the scanned copies should reach us at-least 10 working days prior to the date of travel. The guest should carry all original documents with them as they may be asked for the same anytime for verification.
Single Pax Foreigners/NRI are not allowed to visit Lachung.
We like to inform you that the road condition while traveling to West Sikkim(Pelling area) and other parts of this sector are in poor condition as there was highway extension work which was going on & it takes some time. It is very important to keep all guests traveling to this sector informed about the same to avoid the last minute disappointment..
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.