The route begins at Wynyard Park near Wynyard Train Station in the heart of Sydney city centre. This walk showcases Sydney’s oldest neighbourhood and takes people along the Hungry Mile, Barangaroo and Millers Point. The tours ends at the Heritage listed Hero of Waterloo Hotel which is a 5 minute walk from Circular Quay and The Rocks.
The Bloke & The Larrikin
The friendly tour guise will tell you historical stories and show pictures that help you compare what was then, and what is now. Short performances will take you back in time to experience the past, the people and for a brief moment, experience their lives.
In line with the great traditions of bush poetry and the best of storytelling we tell tales tall and true: engrossing, poignant, funny & most of all, entertaining.
This tour takes people back to the 1870s and the 1930s. On this tour people will see a performance of The Larrikin and be taken back to Sydney & The Rocks in the 1870s. They’ll hear about the Push Gangs, riots and smuggling. They will also see a performance of The Bloke and learn about the Hungry Mile and the building of the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
- 2 hours walking tour at an easy pace
- 2 original performances
- There are lifts as an alternate to steep stairs which characterise the area
- Great and unique views of iconic Sydney & The Rocks
- Hear amazing stories from 1790 through to 1930s.
- See wonderful photos and paintings that set the historical scene allowing for comparison between now and then
- A complimentary drink & tour of the heritage listed cellar at the Hero of Waterloo Hotel in Miller’s Point
- Translation card souvenir of Australian slang and words no longer commonly used