Kota Kinabalu City is the gateway to the Land Below the Wind. It is the state capital for Sabah. Depart from the city hotel and proceed with a guided tour around the city area.
Places to visit: -
- Pass by Sabah State Mosque where you can see a single minaret that stands alongside of massive golden dome encircled by 16 smaller domes.
- Stopover at Sabah Museum and learn more about the rich heritage of Sabah.
- Visit Poh Toh Tze Buddhist Temple where you can see ten large statues of deities, including Kwan Yin, the Goddess of Mercy stand at the main entrance of the temple.
- Pass by KK City Mosque
- Pass by Tun Mustapha Tower (formerly known as Sabah Foundation Building); built in 1977, the sparkling 30-storey tower block is one of the few buildings in the world that utilize a single column structure.
- Signal Hill ~ takes a bird’s eye view of the city.