The Tour: The 3-Day Reef and Beach is a real adventure! You will sea kayak in the sheltered, turquoise
lagoons of Ningaloo Reef, snorkel numerous amazing sites, and in the afternoon land your kayak at your very own deserted wilderness beach camp. Watch the sun set, and sleep under the stars in Cape Range National Park. Dusk and dawn are our favourite times to experience the Ningaloo coastline, so why not come and share the magic? Turtles, rays, dugong, dolphins, reef sharks, myriad reef fish and an abundance of marine life make Ningaloo a brilliant place to kayak and snorkel. On land we also regularly see kangaroos, wallabies, emu, echidna and birds of prey. Three days exploring Ningaloo in a self-sufficient kayak = a sensational experience!
Sea Kayaking and Snorkelling: The sea kayaking takes place inside the fringing reef, where the lagoon is rarely more than 3m deep - perfect for spotting wildlife and snorkelling. After your guide gives you the all-important paddling instruction and safety talk, we launch the kayaks and travel along the coast at a relaxed pace, stopping on secluded beaches for morning tea and lunch as we go. We usually paddle the coastline from Osprey Bay and head north with the prevailing winds, usually finishing at Ned’s Camp or Mangrove Bay.
Each day provides fantastic snorkelling opportunities. At some sites we land the kayaks on the beach and swim a short distance from shore, at other sites we anchor or moor the kayaks and slip over the side. We have discovered some excellent ‘un-named’ snorkel spots that are accessible only by kayak.
These 3 day tours are perfect for the person looking to immerse themselves in the beauty of Ningaloo. Each afternoon we pull up our kayaks at a different deserted beach, and, in between stories of the day, set up our camp for the night. After setting up camp, you may choose to go for a relaxing stroll along the beach, read a few pages of a good book, grab some snacks and a drink and settle in for a west coast sunset, or just relax and reflect on the beauty of your surroundings.
We endeavor to make your camping experience as comfortable as possible, with self-inflating mattresses, tents, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, we even provide inflatable pillows! This tour is the perfect choice for those looking for an adventure and to immerse themselves in the wonders of Ningaloo Reef and Cape Range National Park.
· Double sit-inside expedition sea kayaks with rudder for comfortable cruising
· PFDs (life jackets)
· Long sleeve sun shirts, broad-brim hats,
· Snorkelling gear: snorkel, mask and fins, wetsuit in season
· Dry bags for packing clothing, sleeping gear etc
· Comfortable camping gear: tents, pillows, sleeping bags and liners, camp chairs, shade shelter
· Healthy and delicious food, drinks (alcohol not included, byo welcome)
· Transport to and from Cape Range National Park in our air-conditioned bus
· National Park entry and camping fees
· Qualified and experienced guide
· Complimentary tour photos
· Drinking water (capacity for 2L)
· Sunglasses (polarised are great for seeing under the water)
· Sunscreen, zinc or SPF lip balm
· Camera (spare batteries)
· Towel or sarong
· Gloves (optional: fingerless cycling or paddling gloves are great for sun protection)
· Footwear that may get wet (crocs, sandals etc)
· Head torch (spare batteries)
· Drinks for sunset happy hour
· Overnight bag with camp clothes, toiletries etc. Pack warm clothes for cool nights
· You can bring fishing gear too, however this is not a focus of our tours (please use lures rather than bait)