224 South Michigan Avenue in the Shop & Tour Center across from the
Art Institute on the northwest corner of Jackson Boulevard at Michigan
- Chicago's major
expressways converge just west of the Loop. Exit at Congress Avenue and
proceed east (this is also the eastbound extension of I-290)
- Lakeshore Drive, from Hollywood in the north to Jackson Park in the south, follows the shoreline and
CTA rapid transit stations: (walking distance from the following)
- Adams/Wabash station for the Brown, Green, Orange and Purple Lines
- Jackson/State Station for the Red Line
- Jackson/Dearborn Station for the Blue Line
Walk east on Adams or Jackson to Michigan Avenue. At Adams, turn right (south) on Michigan Avenue.
CTA Bus Lines:
- Take any CTA bus
that travels downtown and intersects with (starting from the south) Van
Buren, Jackson, Adams, Monroe, Madison, Washington or Randolph. Walk (or
connect on a CTA bus) east to Michigan Avenue.
- Free downtown
trolley service is provided by the City of Chicago and serves most of
Michigan Avenue, the Museum Campus, and Navy Pier and also connects to
the train stations. Schedules vary by season.
Commuter Trains: Metra operates 11 suburban commuter lines serving downtown Chicago.
- Ending at Union Station
just west of the Loop and south of the Ogilvy Transportation Center:
Heritage Corridor Line, North Central Service, Southwest Service,
Burlington Northern Santa Fe, Milwaukee District North&West Lines.
- Ending at the Ogilvy Transportation Center
(formerly the Northwestern Train Station) just west of the Loop and
north of Union Station: Union Pacific North Line, Northwest Line and
West Line. From these two stations it is a 20 minute walk east to
Michigan Ave, or take a #20 or #56 eastbound CTA bus on Jackson
Boulevard, or connect with the free trolley shuttle.
- Ending at the LaSalle Street Station: The Rock Island District Line. Walk east on Van Buren to Michigan and then north on Michigan to Jackson
- Ending at the Randolph Street Station:
The Metra Electric Line and the Northern Indiana Commuter
Transportation District (South Shore Line). Get off at the Van
Buren/Jackson Station (the stop before the end). From here, walk one
block north on Michigan Avenue to Jackson.